Often the biggest hurdle is just getting started, and that's why we developed the Storied Gifts Oral History package desgined to help you get your family stories, memories and life lessons to the surface.
It's the perfect option if you're not prepared to take the plunge into the full book project, but still want to get your thoughts organized and stories preserved. Let Storied Gifts help you accomplish that nuturing goal.
With the Storied Gifts Oral History package you'll get:
- The preliminary interview with Personal Historian Sherry Borzo, vetting out key stories you want to cover about your life to this point
- Questions and ideas presented to job your memory for the project
- The completion of a biographical information form and project plan provided by Storied Gifts
- A series of four to eight relaxed and engaging interviews that invite your memories
- We'll cover topics ranging from: Stories of your ancestores and relatives that you've carried forward; special childhood memories; reflections on your parents, growing up, home and school; friendships, milestones, accomplishments and the most significant places in your life; values and beliefs; reflections on the past and thoughts about the future.
Your finished product includes labeled CDs containing your preserved oral history, ready to be shared.
STORIED GIFTS PACKAGE #2: ORAL HISTORY AND EDITED TRANSCRIPTS
In this second level we conduct the four to eight interviews and provide the other benefits that are offered in the SG Oral History package: then in addition we transcribe the materials to a written format to not only preserve your memories, but allow you to edit and polish the wording and accuracy of your thoughts. This format also permits others to read your narrative, augmenting their own understanding of your stories and life wisdom.
With the Storied Gifts package #2 you'll also:
- Be able to review and edit your oral history material
- Add additional stories that may come to mind as we proceed with the process.
- Work with your Personal Historian to complete a visual timeline presentation of significant lifetime events up to this point which is a hugely powerful tool to assist you in remembering your past in more vivid detail and sharing your memories with others.
STORIED GIFTS PACKAGE #3: PROFESSIONALLY BOUND HEIRLOOM BOOK OF YOUR PERSONAL HISTORY
This package takes the interviews and transcripts to the highest polished level by creating your own personal life statement in the form of a beautifully bound book, professionally designed and written. This will be an heirloom that family and friends can display proudly and enjoy.
Whether you want to share a narrative divided into traditional chapters with an overarching theme, or create a piece that is graphically driven with photographs and segments of text, your book will be a treasure enjoyed for generations to come, the celebration in print of your stories and live lessons. Package #3 includes all of the elements of packages #1 and #2, plus:
- Writing and editing of the narrative copy
- Collaboration and assistance in developing themes and the narrative style of your book
- Pagination and layout of all the elements of a book from preface to appendix
- Inclusion of photos and other memorabilia within your memoir
- Individual design based on your stories and preferences
- Oversight and professional deployment of printing process of your personalized book
There are many ways to approach sharing stories of your life and the places, people and events you cherish. Below are a sampling of other ways that you can preserve your stories with the help of Storied Gifts.
Interwoven into the small daily stories of life are the major markers along our journey—significant trips, a particular relationship, a proud achievement, a career or business venture or a time we showed tremendous courage. These events are often shared with friends and family who were witnesses and participants of the experience. Enlist Sherry, your personal historian, to conduct interviews with you and the important players of this pivotal time to flesh out the full story, and breathe new life and meaning into that particular piece of your history. The result will be a keepsake for family and friends to enjoy and learn anew of this significant time in your life.
Capture the compelling stories on your special day in a meaningful keepsake. The frenzy of your wedding may not allow you to visit with all your guests to hear their stories and best wishes. Commission Sherry, your personal wedding historian, to creatively interview guests and record their shared memories of you, your family and friends and your celebration. Or, designate special family and friends to be interviewed and then Storied Gifts will work with your wedding photographer or candid photographer to create a special book of your wedding day. Give the book as a gift or invite family to purchase their own copy as a memento. You’ll enjoy the beautiful book filled with photos and anecdotes which will serve to remind you of the abundance of joy and love that surround you as you build your life together.
Everyone’s all together having a great time and the stories are flying; family reunions have so much going on that you can never seem to take it all in. You end up at the end of the weekend wondering where all the time went. Hire Sherry, your personal historian, to capture those great shared stories of your family’s history, both old and new, to preserve them along with photos and reflections from the family attendees at your reunion. The result will be a beautifully bound chronicle of the event with loads of history for everyone to enjoy and share.
Knowing your business story and sharing it in a meaningful way with others is a powerful sales tool. Commission Sherry, host of the award winning podcast Entrepreneur People: Real Stories,to help you flesh out and harness your unique story of dreaming, planning, and starting your business so prospects and clients can become more invested in what you do and why it matters. Whether you are looking for content to add to your website, a brochure, an eBook, or other presentation media, Sherry’s expertise can help you share your entrepreneurial story in a meaningful way.
You know you’ve always meant to get your family pictures organized, but today many of them are still in boxes, or available only as a single copy in a photo album. Are they marked with names, dates, or anecdotes? Who are all the faces looking back at you and what is the story behind the shots? Renew your enjoyment of your pictorial history and easily create gifts for others with Storied Photos. Call on Personal Historian Sherry Borzo to help you create a beautiful book that archives your photos, old and new. Let us help you to proudly share these treasures with family and friends.
Either you’re well on your way with your memoir and just need to know where to go next, or you need encouragement along the way to get your project done, tap into Sherry’s knowledge to realize your goal of completing your personal memoir project. With writing, interviewing, and self-publishing know-how Sherry is ready to provide resources and ideas so you don’t become overwhelmed with that pile of documents and photos. Turn your intention into the well-organized reality of a book you’ll be proud to say share.
They make us laugh, provide us unconditional love and sometimes vex us but those of us who have pets know why we love them. Storied Gifts provide you the opportunity to share your favorite stories and thoughts about those furry and feathered friends.